Question: Where do most members of the public first engage with your marketing?
Answer: By looking at your current listings.
Buyers and future sellers make snap judgements on your marketing skill and ability every time they look at one of your listings.
This presents an outstanding opportunity for you to stand out from the crowd.
How? By giving them more of what they want.
There have always been two schools of thought in real estate:
- Those who want to hold info back and put limited detail online to encourage buyers to enquire and 'make the phone ring'.
- And those who choose to make life easier for buyers by giving them access to lots of information online.
From my own experience, you can create a huge amount of goodwill and generate more business by offering a client-friendly experience. That means, giving customers more of what they want (info) without making them search for it.
How does this look in practice?
Start by making sure your online listings have all the information a buyer would hope to see:
Level 1. Make sure you include:
- A rental appraisal - or current rent if it's an investment property
- Local council rates - save them having to go somewhere else to look it up
- Aerial photo or drone shot - can usually be downloaded from your local council website
- Detailed description of the layout of the property - 'upstairs you will find...'
- Viewing times / instructions - including midweek options
- Clear instructions on how to buy this home
- As many photos as possible of the exterior and interior
- Why the owner is selling
- An invitation to join your mailing list
To encourage casual viewers to join your email newsletter, use a script at the end of each online advert like:
"Learn how to sell your home for the best possible price, text your email address to X today."
Follow that up by emailing them an article like this one:
And keep sending them Agent Monday articles each week! These are high-quality potential-seller leads and you want to nurture them gently until they are ready to take action.
This is another good article to send them:
And you can find more on our website.
Level 2. If you want to take your online listings to the next level and impress future sellers, add:
If you haven't heard of propertyfiles, or you don't use a similar system already, I strongly encourage you to check it out. This system allows potential buyers to download all the relevant information for a property from the comfort of their home, in exchange for providing you with their contact details. What a great way to grow your database!
The propertyfiles system allows you to gauge the level of interest in each property (by number of downloads). Plus you can see who has opened each file and when they opened it.
That comes in handy when you are awaiting offers on a property. You can see if a hot buyer has opened the offer document but not yet submitted it and at that point you can follow up with a phone call to see if they require assistance.
Note: We are not affiliated to Propertyfiles in any way, we just love their system!
Moral of the story...
Every time you put a listing online, you have an opportunity to impress future potential clients, secure new leads, grow your database and provide a positive client experience.
Are you making the most of those opportunities?
Got a question on this topic? Send me an email back and I'll do my best to help.
PS. Last but not least! Because it's Friday, here is a song to get you dancing around the office...
Ready to grow your business?Subscribe now
Already have an account? Sign in