How to create a positive client experience at a disappointing sale price
In this podcast, I share specific strategies and a whole heap of scripts to maximise your chances of creating a positive client experience, even when the sale price ends up being less than what the owners originally wanted.
To subscribe to the show, search 'Agent Monday' on Spotify, Apple podcasts, Google podcasts or any popular podcast app.
- Coach owners through your appraisal - "If your price is out there, this marketing approach will find it."
- Prepare owners for every eventuality well before deadline day.
- When presenting offers, don't have an agenda. Explain all options to your clients: Accept the offer, negotiate, or reject it and go back to the market.
- Be on their side - back your owners up no matter what they decide to do.
- If they ask for your opinion, that's a privilege. Don't take advantage.
- Avoid talking in absolutes at all costs. Eg. "This is the best offer your ever going to get."
- Instead, say "If there was a better price out there right now, I'm confident we would have found it."
- Let them think about it overnight if they want to. It's ok to let people sleep on it. Selling a home is a huge decision!
- When you get close on price, don't be afraid to strategically lower your commission to make the deal happen, and give your clients a last-minute win.
Always remember, excellent service makes the unacceptable acceptable.